How Does Facility Management Software Help With Mailroom Management?
The facility management industry is ever evolving. According to Statista, in 2020, the global…
Sep 18, 2019
With the advent of Amazon and the generational shift from buying in-store to shopping online comes the influx of inbound packages to university mailrooms and package receiving centers. Keeping up with the demand requires not only more days to the work-week with additional manpower but automation tools that mitigates this influx. What is the Amazon Effect and how does PackageX Mailroom help? let's delve deep into it!
The Amazon effect is the impact that is created by eCommerce, or digital marketplace on brick-and-mortar busines model. It resulted in a change in multiple ways. From customer experience to shopping pattern, everything has been changed. eCommerce has gained popularity and according to a report by Statistica, it is projected to grow to 5.4 trillion US dollars in 2022.
Mailroom employees working in universities, from receiving a package and using the historic pen-and-paper logging method to later on using hand-held scanners and signature pads, can finally do away with extraneous devices and use the existing tool of their smart-phones (iOS or Android).
First step, download the app from the App or Google Play store, sign into their client account and from there, simply snap a photo of the package’s label, notify upwards of 50 recipients in the university’s directory with a single click of a button. Next, when the recipient or the designated pick-up person on their behalf is present to pick up their package/s, having them sign for logging purposes.
PackageX Mailroom differentiates itself from other solutions by our resolve to delivering world-class customer support, efficiency in workflow setup, user-friendliness (no, really!), and consistent upkeep in terms of updates and bug fixes.
Our customers are our business partners— an extension of PackageX’s family, if you will— their needs and concerns being our utmost priority. Find out below why PackageX is your best go-to for last-yard notifications and inbound mailroom solutions:
• You don’t need extra hardware to use PackageX Mailroom. The app can be downloaded from the App store to an existing iOS / Android device, phone, or tablet
• OCR-enabled app has the ability to scan upwards of 50 packages before notifying all recipients with a single click.
• Automated notification emails to faculty or student after original scan.
• Storage of label (picture) at scan for easy package retrieval and data entry.
• Automated reminder emails for packages that have not been picked up.
• With Mailroom Connect, recipients can choose the fate of their deliveries.
• World-class customer support from our global team
• Quickly search for a package utilizing any text on the package or shipment label: carrier, retailer, sender, sender address, the recipient.
• Ability to designate a pick-up person to receive your packages or to pick up packages for a building, facility, and administration as a whole.
Receiving more and more packages? Clip the part about having “more problems.” PackageX, in partnership with your university mailroom or mail pick-up center, can mitigate the “Amazon effect” or the influx of inbound packages that you were maybe facing. Reach out to our dedicated sales team to request a demo.