PackageX is the world’s first Headless Logistics Cloud. Hundreds of enterprises - across all industries - use PackageX’s flexible first-to-last yard logistics APIs and infrastructure to digitize manual workflows, connect siloed point solutions and drive customer retention.
Our vision is to build the most advanced logistics infrastructure company that orchestrates the movement of physical things and becomes the defining backbone of the digital supply chain.
We're a fast-growing seed-stage startup in New York City with a distributed global team backed by Sierra Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, MXV Capital, Pareto Holdings, and other strategic investors and angels.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our company. The primary focus of this role is to hire the best talent and manage the candidate experience from hiring, onboarding, performance management to offboarding. You will partner with the hiring managers and advise them on talent frameworks and manage their recruiting needs in a proactive and efficient manner.
We believe that HR for startups requires a unique set of skills and characteristics due to the dynamic and fast-paced nature of startup culture. In addition to Talent Acquisition focus, this role is also expected to oversee HR operations in close coordination with legal/finance functions and JustWorks (our HR, Payroll, and Benefits provider) including benefits plan administration, management of company policies, trainings, payroll, and regulatory compliance.
In this role, you will own:
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to identify and attract top talent.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting processes from JD preparation, job posting, sourcing, and screening call till closing the offer.
- Screen all applications received and follow their progress. Coordinate and schedule interviews and follow up with candidates and hiring managers.
- Develop and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for current and future job openings. Create new and innovative ways to attract the best people to join PackageX by identifying new channels.
- Coordinate with the hiring managers and stakeholders to understand & plan the company-wide talent priorities. Understand the start-up culture and how to overcome potential recruitment obstacles for certain roles.
- Post job openings on various job boards including LinkedIn. Leverage social media, internet posting boards, and networking to source top talent.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in talent acquisition.
- Partner closely with functional leaders on a variety of projects including talent assessment.
- Manage and monitor the recruitment and overall HR operational budget.
Onboarding & Offboarding
- Create and manage the end-to-end onboarding process ensuring a great experience for new employees and a smooth start into their roles.
- Making sure the new employees are updated on People policies.
- Cross-functional coordination for timely delivery of onboarding/offboarding checkpoints.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Manage day-to-day HR Operations functions related to employment, compensation and payroll matters, administration of benefits, performance management, policies, and People automation programs.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders on the performance review process & initiatives.
- Responding to employees’ queries and resolving issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with our payroll and benefits partner - JustWorks - to administer benefit plans (medical, 401(k), commuter, etc.), manage employee handbook, and oversee mandatory and optional trainings.
- Manage documentation for current and new hires including contracts, legal documentation, and personal information, and maintain all employee data in JustWorks. Making sure that confidentiality for all employee’s personal data is maintained.
- Create and implement people policies and procedures consistent with federal and state laws in close partnership with our legal team and external advisors.
- Assist in the management of payroll matters, and city, state, and federal-level regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate closely with non-U.S. offices to ensure a coordinated HR design as the company scales.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 4-6 years of experience in core Talent Acquisition, preferably in a B2B SaaS or IT/Tech organization coupled with a decent knowledge of wider HR operations and management practices.
- A degree or professional certification in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration, or a related field will be an asset.
- Extensive experience sourcing candidates from multiple channels including career websites, professional and social media, employee referrals, and job sites.
- Strong understanding of recruitment best practices and trends and experience with applicant tracking systems (Lever) and other recruitment tools (LinkedIn, Wellfound, etc.).
- Exceptional interpersonal, social, and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport, build credibility and create partnerships at all levels within the company.
- Proficiency in using tools like Slack, Notion, Lucidchart, Keynote, and MS Office or ability to learn and adopt new technology and tools quickly.
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits services (Justworks, Paychex, or any similar provider).
- Ability to conduct research, gain access to resources, prioritize, and juggle several tasks, and adapt to a startup's rapidly changing demands is a must.
The compensation range for this role is:
Between $75K - $100K per year. The final offer will depend on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and location.
Other perks and benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401(k) plan participation.
- Monthly lifestyle allowance to help focus on your well-being.
- Reimbursements for home office setup, and meal delivery pass.
- Generous PTO including annual leaves, personal and sick days, and birthday off.
- Eligible to participate in employee stock option plan depending on your experience and performance in the role.
What can you expect from the application process?
All applications will be looked at by the People team who will reach out to shortlisted candidates. Across various interview rounds, you'll speak with hiring manager, other functional heads, and with our CEO. We want to have an open discussion about your work and how we can be a great fit for each other. The process may also involve an assessment or presentation relevant to the role. You can expect an offer after three rounds of interviews. All offers are subject to satisfactory reference and background checks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.