Last Modified: November 16, 2020
PackageX, Inc. only uses the data you provide to purchase any postage you request, help you with customer support, communicate with you directly about your Shipd App account, or improve our software. We do use some personal information to help with our marketing on advertising.
2. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION.
- Types of Information We Collect. In connection with accessing our Services, we may collect information from you and your household which can be used to identify you (all such personal and household information, "Personal Information"), such as your name, shipping/billing address, email address, phone, credit card/bank account number, username and password.
We collect information when you register or open an account, sign in, pay fees, purchase or otherwise use a Service, call us for support, or give us feedback. We may also get information from other companies or third parties, such as when you sync a third-party account or service with your PackageX, Inc. Account, or when we may use service providers to supplement the Personal Information you give us (e.g., validate your mailing address) to help us maintain the accuracy of your data and provide you with better service. We will only use that information for legally acceptable purposes. Finally, we may collect content or other information that you may provide or create when you interact with our Services.
We may also automatically collect certain usage information when you access our Services ("Usage Data"), such as Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses, log files, unique device identifiers, pages viewed, browser type, any links you click on to leave or interact with our Services, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies. For example, we may collect IP addresses to track and aggregate to monitor the regions from which users navigate to our Services. If you visit our website, in order to optimize your user experience and the delivery of our service, we will track your usage of the site. For instance, we may track the pages you visited, the time spent on each page, the time spent engaged in particular tasks on each page, the key strokes necessary to perform a function on the site, etc. We may also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the Services as part of our log-in and security features. We may also, when you enable location-based Services, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data.
Our Services may change over time and we may introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information.
- How We Use Your Information. We may use your information, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
Account Registration. We will use your name, address, phone number, billing information, and email address to register your account for certain Services we provide and to communicate important information to you. We may obtain additional Personal Information about you, such as address change information, from commercially available sources to keep our records current. If you set up an administrator account that may be accessed by people other than you, please note that they may see and have the ability to change or delete your Personal Information. Please be careful who you give administrator access to, as you are responsible for their actions.
To Provide Our Services and Operate Our Business. We may use your information to operate our business, including providing Services you requested, provide you with support related to our Services, and to help us protect our Services, including to combat fraud and protect your information.
Customer Service and Technical Support. We may use your name, address, phone number, email address, how you interact with our Services, and information about your computer configuration to resolve questions you may have about our Services and to follow up with you about your experience. We also offer various Internet chat services, for example, to speak with a PackageX, Inc. customer support representative. Internet Chat transmissions are encrypted but you should not supply more Personal Information than is required to address your specific issue. A transcript of the session is retained to resolve questions or issues related to our Services.
Communicate with You. We may use your information to communicate with you about our Services, promotions, services by our related entities and third party service providers. Please see below under "What You Can Do to Manage Your Privacy" for the choices you have regarding these communications.
To Improve Services and Develop New Services. We will use your information to personalize or customize your experience and the Service, develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of PackageX, Inc.'s Services.
Feedback. We may use any information you volunteer and combine it with information from other customers in order to better understand our Services and how we may improve them. Providing any feedback is optional.
- When and How We Share Your Personal Information. From time to time, we may need to share your Personal Information with others.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Information and Usage Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, telephone communication, SMS (text messaging), advertising, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, third party surveys or performing analytics. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use Personal Information for purposes other than the product or service they're providing to us or on our behalf.
United States Postal Service (USPS). PackageX, Inc. and its partners are regulated by the USPS. As part of the regulatory relationship, PackageX, Inc. collects certain information about you on behalf of the USPS. The USPS also may send us tracking data from their scans of your packages in the mailstream. Our uses for the data include informing you about the status of your packages through options like USPS Tracking, fraud detection and aggregating the data to help the USPS and us provide you with better service. Information collected on behalf of USPS is used for their regulatory oversight function and is not used for other purposes.
As part of PackageX, Inc. providing services of the USPS, the USPS requires that you agree to the USPS Privacy Act Statement and to provide information about yourself that will be maintained in a Privacy Act System of Records by the Postal Service. Privacy Act Statement: Your information will be used to facilitate the purchase of USPS postage and fulfill transactional reporting requirements for USPS postage systems. Collection is authorized by 39 U.S.C. 401, 403, and 404. Providing the information is voluntary, but if not provided, your transaction may not be processed. The Postal Service does not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except to facilitate the transaction, to act on your behalf or request, or as legally required. This includes the following limited circumstances: to a congressional office on your behalf; to financial entities regarding financial transaction issues; to a US Postal Service (USPS) auditor; to entities, including law enforcement, as required by law or in legal proceedings; and to contractors and other entities aiding us to fulfill the Services (service providers). For more information regarding our privacy policies, visit www.usps.com/privacypolicy.
For more information regarding other specific carrier you may use via the PackageX, Inc. platform, please see the privacy policies provided by each specific carrier you select.
Response to Subpoenas and Other Legal Requests We may share your information with courts, law enforcement agencies, or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief we're required or permitted to do so by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect our company, or to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request.
Information Sharing Between PackageX, Inc. Entities. We share your information, including your Personal Information, with and among our subsidiaries, except where prohibited by law. "Subsidiaries" means companies related by common ownership or control. The reasons why we share your information include for our everyday business purposes, such as to: process your transactions, maintain your accounts, operate our business, etc. We may also share your information in order for us to be able to offer our products and services to you. We may also share information about your transactions and experience so that we can operate our business effectively, detect and prevent fraud, and improve our Services.
Sharing with Third Parties Generally. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information.
With your Consent. Other than as set out above, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to choose when your Personal Information may be shared with other third parties.
Aggregate Date. PackageX, Inc. may collect, use, and distribute statistical information related to the usage of the website, Services, or traffic patterns only in aggregate and de-identifiable form ("Aggregated Data"). Aggregated Data does not contain any Personal Information about you. Aggregated Data may be shared with third parties, but is stripped of all Personal Information PackageX, Inc. will own all Aggregated Data.
- Linking Other Third Party Services with Your PackageX, Inc. Service.
We work with other companies to enhance our services, such as integrations to ecommerce platforms, and you may choose to sync, link or connect other third party services with your PackageX, Inc. Service. Sometimes PackageX, Inc. may let you know about the service or product, or another company may let you know about a PackageX, Inc. service or product. If you choose to accept these services, providing your consent to either the third party or to us, we may exchange your information, including your Personal Information, as well as information about how you interact with each company's service or product. This exchange of information is necessary to maintain business operations and to provide the ongoing service you've requested. By requesting or accepting these products or services, you are permitting us to provide your information, including your Personal Information, to the other party.
3. WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MANAGE YOUR PRIVACY.
- Managing Marketing Communications From Us. We will honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us.
You have the following choices if you have been receiving marketing communications from us that you no longer wish to receive:
- Access the opt-out link in any marketing email communication from PackageX, Inc..
- Remember that even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to send you mandatory service or transactional communications.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Generally we use these tracking technologies to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services, and improve our services.
- Remind us of who you are on return visits in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you first visit the PackageX, Inc. Site.
- Estimate our audience size and measure traffic patterns regarding usage of PackageX, Inc.’s network of Sites. Each browser accessing PackageX, Inc. is given a unique cookie which is then used to determine the extent of repeat usage and usage by a registered user versus by an unregistered user.
If you are uncomfortable having a cookie placed on your system, you may elect to turn off the cookie or delete existing cookies in your browser. If you turn off or delete the PackageX, Inc. cookie, you may not be able to access all PackageX, Inc. Services, may have only partial functionality, or the service may not work at all.
Technologies such as cookies, or similar technologies, are used by PackageX, Inc. and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers (e.g. online customer support technology providers). These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking user movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We and third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site may use Local Storage (LSs) such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
We may partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. For example, this allows us to display ads to you on other websites, which we believe will be relevant because you’ve visited our website before. If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may 1) clear your web browser’s cache or 2) opt-out through a third-party service by clicking the links below:
- Click here to opt out of targeted ads on Facebook.
- Click here to opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or to customize Google Display Network ads.
- To opt-out of third-party services in the US, visit theNetwork Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, which offer opt-out tools for such third parties participating in those programs. Participating network advertisers will be listed at those sites. Some third parties may offer opt out tools on their own sites. Consult their privacy statements for more details. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Please note that even if you opt-out of such Cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest-based advertising, you may still receive advertisements, they just won't be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
- Do Not Track. Like most other companies, our Services are not currently configured to respond to browsers' "Do Not Track" signals because at this time no formal "Do Not Track" standard has been adopted. However, the practices of our partners and other third-party providers may change as a result of this feature being utilized. Click here for more information on "Do Not Track."
4. DATA RETENTION AND YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS
- Data Retention. In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and PackageX, Inc.'s records and information management policies to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, complete any outstanding transactions, and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Your Rights to Personal Information. You have the following rights to access, update, change, correct or request delivery or deletion of Personal Information:
- Upon request you may contact PackageX, Inc. to confirm whether we maintain, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your Personal Information and to review it in order to verify its accuracy and the lawfulness of our processing of such Personal Information.
- Upon request, you may also request that your Personal Information be corrected, amended, delivered to you or deleted.
- In the event you request any correction, amendment, delivery or deletion of any of your Personal Information, PackageX, Inc. will comply with such request within forty-five (45) days. If the circumstances of the request require additional processing time, PackageX, Inc. will notify you of a one-time extension of up to forty-five (45) additional days to comply with such request. Please be advised that in certain circumstances, PackageX, Inc. may not comply with a request to delete Personal Information if PackageX, Inc. is required to retain such information (i) under applicable law or the order of a court or agency of applicable jurisdiction, (ii) to prevent or detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity, or (iii) to complete the Services.
- In the event you request delivery of your Personal Information, PackageX, Inc. will deliver your Personal Information by mail or electronically up to two (2) times in any twelve (12) month period free of charge. If provided electronically, the information will be in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that allows you to transmit this information to another service provider without hindrance.
- Requests for access to your Personal Information and to have it corrected, amended, delivered or deleted should be sent to us via the chat on our website or email as listed onhttps://www.packagex.io/shipd/contact/ or to the mailing address provided under "How to Contact Us."
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION.
Keeping your Information safe is important to us. We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures in connection with securing Personal Information we collect, though no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure.
For example, we:
- Consistently work to update our security practices to implement accepted best methods to protect your Personal Information, and review our security procedures carefully.
- Comply with applicable laws and security standards.
- Securely transmit your sensitive Personal Information.
- Train our staff and require them to safeguard your data. Limit the staff with access to your Personal Information.
- Securely transmit, protect, and access all payment information.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact our support team at https://www.packagex.io/shipd/contact/.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we reserve the right to transfer your information, process and store it outside your country of residence to wherever we or our third party service providers operate.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US.
Via the internet: Contact Customer Support at https://www.packagex.io/shipd/contact/.Via mail:
Attn: Shipd App Privacy Team
500 7th Ave, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10018
9. COLLECTION AND USE OF CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We do not knowingly collect information from minors.
PackageX, Inc. Services are intended for and directed to adults. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OLD, YOU ARE A MINOR IN MANY JURISDICTIONS.
Shipd App and www.packagex.io is a general audience web site that complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If we receive valid information that a registered member is under the age of 13, the account will be closed and Personal Information removed from the site.
For more information about COPPA, please visit the Federal Trade Commission's web site at http://www.ftc.gov.
If you are the parent of a child under the age of 16 who has created an account using a false age, please contact our Customer Support athttps://www.packagex.io/shipd/contact/ and we will immediately cancel your child's account and nullify Personal Information collected from them.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA AND STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS.
California Privacy Rights. If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. You may also have additional rights with regard to how we use your Personal Information. We have included this California-specific information below.
Uses and Disclosure of your information. Consistent with the "Types of Information We Collect" section above, we collect certain categories and specific pieces of information about individuals that are considered "Personal Information" in California. As detailed above, we may collect this Personal Information from you and other third parties. We collect, share and disclose Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in the "How We Use Your Information" and "When and How We Share Your Personal Information" sections above.
We also share Personal Information collected from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as how you interact with our websites and mobile apps, with advertising technology partners in order to present advertising messages based on your preferences. Given that the definition of "sale" under the CCPA is broad and covers situations beyond traditional monetary transactions, this type of activity is considered a "sale" of Personal Information under the CCPA.
Deletion, Access, and Information. Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you have the right to: (i) obtain deletion of your Personal Information; (ii) obtain access to your Personal Information; and (iii) receive information about the categories of Personal Information that we collect via third-party advertising technologies, which may be considered a "sale" under California law, to "third parties" (as that term is defined under California law) and also that we have disclosed for a "business purpose" (as that term is defined under California law).
- Deletion: If you would like us to delete your Personal Information, please log into your account and submit a deletion request via the Support chat. If you do not have an account with us, then please contact us viahttps://www.packagex.io/shipd/contact/. You will need to provide us with your email address as well as any additional information requested by our team so that we may verify your request and communicate with you regarding your request.
- Access and Information: If you would like to access your personal information or receive information about the categories of personal information about you that we have shared as described above, please contact us viahttps://www.packagex.io/shipd/contact/, with your request. We will use your email address to verify your request and communicate with you regarding your request.
- You may also contact us by chatting with a representative via our website for assistance in exercising any of the California rights described above.
- Should you wish to request the exercise of these rights as detailed above, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing for products or services, or by providing you with a different level or quality of products or service, based solely upon this request and subject to certain applicable exceptions. Please note that we need to retain certain types of personal information to continue providing our services (e.g., name, address). Without your personal information, we will not be able to provide you with the requested services.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you have the right to opt out of the "sale" of your personal information collected from cookies and similar tracking technologies. To opt out of the "sale" of your personal information as described in this section, please follow the steps outlined above in the "Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies" section. You may also opt out of certain "sales" of advertising by visiting NAI Consumer Opt Out.
- Keep in mind that, if you opt out of interest-based advertising, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you.
You may also contact us by as listed onhttps://www.packagex.io/shipd/contact/ for assistance in exercising your right to opt out of the "sale" of personal information.
11. YOUR EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY RIGHTS.
Your rights with respect to your data and Personal Information under the applicable laws of the European Union and its constituent countries are governed by the Data Processing Addendum athttps://www.packagex.io/data-processing-addendum/.