“Shipment Received Package Acceptance Pending”: Here Is What It Means!
USPS is one of the largest postal services in the US, recording a parcel volume of around 7.…
Aug 11, 2021
USPS is one of the largest postal services in the US, recording a parcel volume of around 7.3 billion in 2020 as per [USPS]. As it has continued to evolve, it has steadily increased the tracking information given to the customers.
This is a necessary step because customer demands for same day deliveries are steadily increasing. Moreover, a report by Retaildive 70% of consumers said that the ability to track their orders was one of the three things they considered when buying a product online. For postal services, keeping users updated about their parcel is a key thing to focus on as it builds customer trust.
In the case of USPS, while some of the tracking notifications are pretty straightforward, others can be tricky to understand. One example of such a notification is the “Shipment received, package acceptance pending” notification.
When your package has been physically accepted by the USPS window clerks but hasn’t arrived at the sorting facility, you receive the “shipment received package acceptance pending” notification.
Stages Leading to the Package Acceptance Pending Notification:
• Postmasters physically accept your package and the information is put into the USPS system.
• This allows your tracking code to work and often users receive the “Accepted at USPS origin facility” first. This indicates the acceptance of your pending package.
• USPS receives a large batch of shipments consisting of smaller units from the seller. While the large shipment gets scanned in bulk, the individual items take time to get scanned.
• Individual mail is usually not scanned and sent to the sorting facility by the postmasters.
• That’s why users get the “package acceptance pending” notification.
• Users receive further updates once the shipment gets sorted.
• The sorting process decides the time and route of the shipment.
• When your parcel reaches the processing and distribution center called “Sectional Center Facility”, you will receive a new tracking status.
• There are around 195 sectional center facilities in the U.S. They serve as a processing and distribution center for Post Offices in certain geographic areas which are defined by the first three digits of the zip codes in those offices.
Since packages take time to be processed at the sorting facility, it’s not unusual to receive this status for up to 48 hours. If it persists beyond that, contacting USPS customer care can help you know exactly where the package is.
Sometimes, the USPS employees can forget to ship your parcel which may cause delays. If you haven’t heard about your package in more than 15 days, there is a chance it has been lost or broken. Ultimately, the “shipment received package acceptance pending” notification means that the package has taken its first step necessary to be delivered to the recipient.
|Things You Should Do||Things You Shouldn’t Do|
|Apply for USPS’s shipping insurance||Avoid sending breakables through USPS|
|Include landmarks or other distinguishable location markers with your address||Don’t give out company addresses as the delivery destination|
|In case of fragile items, ensure proper packing to avoid damages.||Avoid sending important documents and expensive valuables through courier services.|
Usually, it takes around 1 to 4 days which is approximately 24 hours to 96 hours to receive a delivery confirmation. Most cases get done within the one-day timeframe and it takes four days in rare cases.
Using an intelligent package management solution like Mailroom by PackageX can help you track your package easily. You get a notification after the shipment acceptance at the post office. It also alerts you every time the package goes through a processing facility.
This allows you to know wherever your package is at all times. It also helps you know the estimated arrival time of your package so you can easily retrieve it on time.
USPS enables users to receive a number of notifications so they are aware of their package status throughout delivery. “Shipment received package pending” notification gets sent when parcels are scanned in bulk but not individually.
If your parcel is marked delivered but you haven’t received it, make sure to check it everywhere; including the back door and garage, if any. If you still cannot locate it then contact customer care for it may have been delivered to the wrong address.
Moreover, using a package management application can help you navigate lost packages more seamlessly.